Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Kink In God's Plan...

As an American we live life with the ability to create our own destiny; as a Christian we have to live for the destiny that has been created for us. God has recently reminded me of this great privilege that we have to live for him.
The business that I am currently running is going to be closing at the first of the year. This is devastating news to me! I had planned to continue to succeed with in this company and spend the remaining part of my working life there. Throughout the last month, I have felt a wide array of emotions including confusion, sadness, and disappointment. It has been a challenge to understand how my sacrifices did not result in my personal success. The biggest struggle has been dealing with what the future has in store. I have found myself in prayer many times a day. The Good Lord has finally reminded me of one of life's greatest lessons. As long as I have faith in God and a mind that is willing to listen, it is not my decision but instead his!
We are so lucky to have freedom as an American but the direction of God!

1 comment:

Jen and Bryan said...

you never know what's in store. There must be something out there better for you. But I'm sorry anyways. That really sucks! :(